Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

My thoughts on the early hoops season

Here are my random thoughts on the hoop season...

or me stealing quotes from other people, movies, or I heard it somewhere!

They are who we thought they were........

Jayson Tatum- Killed people at Pattonville. Here at his stats: 29, 9 5, 4.  I think he is as good as people say.  Funny how last year at this time people talk he was over rated.

IWA- The go to Quincy Notre Dame, who had a 51 game win streak and win by 20.  They had a tough game vs. MICDS.  I assume Coach Rolfes will use this as great motivation in practice. 

Glotta, Teeson, Whitfield make the best group of guards in 1 conference in St. Louis.  All are scoring 20+ points a game.  

Are you not entertained?

The Vianney tournament was as strong as ever.  Ladue and the "Fighting Kevin Walsh's"  played 2 overtimes.  The final was a top 10 battle between Ladue and Hazelwood Central.  I think Central has been in the final for the last 32 years.

The Parkway tournamenrt was a bloodbath.   North beats West, but loses to South.  West beats South and then loses to Central. There is a quiz over this later.

The Troy tournament had a great championship between Hickman and Fort Zumwalt South.  Hickman won in a thriller!

So what does Zumwalt South go beat a good Kirkwood team in the finals of the St.Charles Tourney.

CBC beats Chaminade in a battle of who is the best recruit in St. Louis.  Am I talking about the schools or Barnett vs. Tatum?

No sleep till:

Speaking of Kirkwood don't sleep on the Pioneers.  My question is can you ever play a home game before Christmas?

Guys with the heat check on!

Josh Robinson- St. Mary's
Deion Lavender- Alton Marquette
Tre Curry- Howell Central

Team of the Week!

The Lafayette Lancers:  Won the Webster Tournament by beating Webster in the finals.

There is no gambling at Bushwoods sir!

But I am going to predict the Suburban/GAC shootout!

Summit vs Francis Howell North- Howell North, what a differrence a few transfer make.

Francis Howell vs University City- It is all about THE U
 
Francis Howell Central vs Marquette- The Stangs 
 
Eureka vs O'Fallon Christian- Eureka, I never bet against the smartest person I know in Professor Kennedy

Sullivan vs Seckman- The Jaguars of Seckman.  When did Sullivan get in the GAC?
 
St. Dominic vs Lindbergh, Lindbergh, They might wear all 5 of their fancy uniforms in the game!

Washington vs Kirkwood, The WOOD!  They play more games in St. Charles County than at home!

St. Charles vs Webster Groves- My gut says Coach Blossom killed them this week in practice. I don't mean worked them hard, I mean he may have literally killed 1 or 2 of them. Take Webster
 
Warrenton vs Northwest Cedar Hill- game is played at 9am Saturday. My pick is Starbucks!
 
Fort Zumwalt East vs Fox- Warriors are 3-0 in this event.  They go to 4-0.
 
Winfield vs Mehlville- The Panters of Mehlville.  I have no idea where Winfield is.  I first thought it said Whitfield!
 
Holt vs Parkway West- West use to have fan shaped backboards.  My high school had fan shaped backboards. I pick West.
 
Fort Zumwalt West vs Parkway North In a battle of directional schools I pick North.  It is winter time and Santa lives North.

Timberland vs Parkway South I always take a guy in a sweater vest let alone an entire staff in a sweater vest. South wins big! 

St. Charles West vs Parkway Central- In an Olivia Newton John game, "Let's get physical physical" I pick Central.

Troy Buchanan vs Lafayette The Lancers big. 

Fort Zumwalt South vs Oakville South is really good.  South is on a roll.  South wins a close one!



No comments:

Post a Comment